Our products can be dry-cleaned, to help with the removal of difficult stains. Always treat stains promptly. We also recommend hand-washing your Gobi Cashmere products following guidelines.
- The temperature of water should be between 20 and 25C /warm water/.
- For a single sweater, 4-5 liters of water is recommended. Washing cashmere in a small amount of water will damage the product.
- Add detergent or soap in water and swirl to disperse the soap evenly.
- Place the item in water for 5 minutes until soaked.
- Gently squeeze the item with soapy water.
- Do not wring or rub the cashmere while hand washing
- Carefully squeeze the cashmere without wringing the water out. A machine dryer can be used to drain properly.
- Then rinse throughly but carefully in clean lukewarm water.
- If you opt to machine wash, set GENTLE cycle on your washing machine. You should consider inserting your cashmere in a mesh-washing bag.
- Lay the item flat in its natural shape on a thick drying rack or a towel to prevent the item from wrinkles and to lose its shape and elasticity.
- Steam the item. Can be ironed on steam setting. If steam iron is not available, simply wet a cloth and put it on the flat laying cashmere and gently press with heated iron. Iron the wrong side of the cashmere on as low heat as possible.
- Do not use bleach on your cashmere as even diluted solutions can damage, discolor or weaken fibres and decorations of the item.
- Place the cashmere in mesh-washing bag to wash and tumble dry as wringing out or twisting damages the decorations of the item.
- Do not hang the cashmere as this will stretch out of shape.